Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This War Part II

Today's heroes are a break from the normal, boring, staid fellows I usually pick. There is nothing historically relevant about these fellows (unless you happen to think, like I do, that we are all historically relevant in some way), they are the strong, burly men of S_______'s Tree Removal Services. My faithful readers will remember the curious incident of a tree attempting to murder me during the summer, and my subsequent declaration of war against Mother Nature, and her green minions http://mywastedbreath.blogspot.com/2009/06/this-war.html ) Well, today after gathering my forces (in the case the cash to pay the above mentioned burly fellows), I launched my first attack. The surviving large, leafy, death trap on my property was ambushed today, and relieved of a great number of its weapons, i.e. it branches. The dulcet tones of a running chainsaw were here to greet me as I arrived home after a tough day of fucking off at work, errr I mean keeping society safe from things that go bump in the night. Sweet music to my ears almost as sweet as yesterday's hero, M. Paganini, could produce from his Great Cannon of a violin. Not only was the big, scary, tree taken down a notch or two, but a couple of unsuspecting smaller, green assassins were taken all the way down to the ground. The number of leaves that I will have to rake will be MUCH reduced, and after all is raking leaves a bit like cleaning up puke from some drunk friend of yours that was not quick enough to hurl in the toilet like a civilized human being? Death from below has replaced attempted Death from Above on the GI's stately manor. Even now the victims of this attack are being raked, cut up in to smaller pieces, and carted off to oblivion. Sweeter words have not been typed in a while. So as of this writing we have two deaths, and one seriously wounded minions of Mother Nature, and all for a very reasonable price. This war continues unabated, as I said before nothing green can stay. So for helping me tweak the long nose of that raging bitch Mother Nature, and keeping me from breaking my back raking tons of leaves in the weeks to come, the men of S________'s Tree Removal are my heroes of the day. (and, no I don't know any of their names or birthday's, but it is my fucking blog, and I can change the rules with one outstretched wave of my hand).

2 comments:

someone who loves the green said...

poor trees. all innocent and now dead....

The Grand Inquisitor said...

they were far, far, from being innocent