Friday, October 09, 2009

A Plea or a Challenge

Quite simply dear readers, I am stumped not just for today, but at least for the next three days or so. The landscape is looking pretty hero less, and I am getting tired of trying to shoe horn people into hero status that just simply don't fit the mold. Alfred Dreyfuss came the closest today, but his well known tale contains a hero other than Dreyfuss, and being in a story that contains a hero doesn't make you a hero. So all this beating around the bush is my long winded way of saying we are facing a hero less day, and we may have a hero drought on the horizon. In the hopes that perhaps I am setting standards that are too high, I have a plea and/or a challenge for you my dear readers. Here is your big chance to make me do some real work. The challenge is simple, find me a hero, pick someone (hopefully other than yourself), and give me the name, the reason for hero status, and I will do my best to write it into some sort of readable blog post. Try to be serious about it, and don't nominate your dog or your brother in law because they can both do the same trick with a Frisbee. I am an open minded fellow, and I will appreciate the challenge. Remember this is a daily task, and that it has to be your nominee's actual birthday on the day I write the post. Those are the rules, and we don't change them just because we are experiencing a shortage of heroes. Hopefully I will get some good and challenging suggestions, and we will be able to resume normal service shortly. Remember though, I am a bastard, and remember those aforementioned high standards. Don't expect miracles from me (though why anyone would even consider anything close to a miracle from me is beyond me), and try to make it someone who is worth my while, and someone who other people might consider a hero. So, until tomorrow when I am sure to be swamped by suggestions, and will have to make all those tough choices, there is no hero of the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the article. Thank author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

You know what, try Wifi blocker to jam all secret transmitters in your home or at work.