Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rotten in Denmark


The picture of above is of the goal that sends my team Sweden OUT of the running for the World Cup in 2010. It was struck off the boot of Jackob Poulsen, may he burn in ever lasting hell, and is his first goal for his national side Denmark. Now, losing is bad, losing when the goalkeeper above Andres Isaksson should have done better is worse, but losing and by extension giving Portugal a place in the play offs for the finals is more than I can bear. I just came back from the grocery store where I refused to buy any Danish cheese, or Danish beer, they are on an embargo list for some length of time. Also, the Portugal are a nation of diving cunts led by the biggest diving cunt of all Christano Ronaldo. Luckily there are no Portuguese products that I even remotely like. I have been to Portugal, and now I feel ashamed of that trip in more ways than one. Having my team fail again, and again is getting really, really fucking old. I am quiet sure this game will sound the death knell for the national coach Lars Lagerback, and it should. His time has passed, and Sweden need to go in a new direction. It was also probably the swan song for my hero Henrik Larsson, who at 38 not be making the next World Cup in 2014. So I suppose I will have to go eat my English cheese, and drink my Belgian beer, and see if I can find a Dane, or a Portuguese to punch in the mouth. Of course, I would not even have to hit the Portuguese to make them fall on the ground and writhe in pain like they had been poleaxed. It also appears that at least one "loyal" reader seems to think that my blog has "jumped the shark." Probably not the best day to express that view to me, but hey they are entitled to their opinion. It isn't that I can't take criticism, I can take it and dish it out with professional aplomb, it is just that this opinion is ill timed. I am of the opinion that people should at least try to avoid giving just simple "you suck" opinions, after all I am doing my best, and writing a blog post a day is not as effortless as I make it appear. I welcome criticism, advice, and suggestions, but expect a bit of anger when I feel that the criticism is unwarranted. I will offer my own piece of advice with no malice of forethought, it is simple if you don't like what you read here, then I suggest you find the little "x" button in the top right hand corner of your browser, click it, and go read a book written by a real author. bon chance!

No comments: