Thursday, October 22, 2009

75

Welcome to my world, the world of having to post a blog a day just to keep a promise to yourself. 75 posts into the project, and only 291 more to go. No pressure there. Three quarters of a century into this, and I realize how much harder it was than I thought it was going to be when I first started. Then again a lot of things are much harder than you think when you first start them. Staying power is a virtue that is very underrated, and extremely hard to maintain. I have on numerous occasions thought of throwing the entire idea overboard, and saying that it was too hard, but that would be too easy, way too easy. Very easy to say enough of you and I, enough of the fight, and just go back to posting once a month or so. The point of this post (if there ever was a point) has either been lost, or changed about three times in the past five minutes. For which I should apologize. After all, if you are bothering to read this post you are wasting valuable time. Time that you could have spent in various other, more productive, ways. Almost any way would be more productive that reading this because I fear that the point that I had when I started has been lost into the night and fog of history forever. Heartbreaking as it might be, it appears that I am creating a blog about nothing, and that has been done before by a lot more talented people than myself. Clearly I need a hand to take hold of the scene, and provide me direction that would allow me to form coherent thoughts. I have been fairly drunk for the last three days, but that is a) no excuse for my incoherence, and b) nothing really new in my life. I can only go on for so long about how shitty this post is before I realize that it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Therefore, dear reader(s) I will take my leave now since it is nearly 1 a.m., and tomorrow (or later today I guess) a new hero must arise, and save us all from ourselves.

No comments: