Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Birthday

Today is the fourth birthday of this blog. On this day four years ago, I pounded out the first sad, little blog post that got me started on the path that has lead to where I am today. I am not sure if I envisioned it turning into a post a day for a year kind of thing, but then again I am pretty sure I did not have any sort of plan when I first started. As I have mentioned before, I am not sure what happens when the "hero of the day" idea runs its course. I feel like a nice rest from the (self imposed) pressure of blogging on a daily basis would be nice, but then again I also feel a bit challenged by the fact that I have a (self imposed) deadline to meet. I would like to say thanks to the person(s) who said they never thought I would be able to keep the hero of the day thing going for a full year. I like to think that they meant no malice by the comment, but they did certainly provide me with a form of inspiration. I am just that childish that if you tell me not to, or that I can not do something, I generally try to prove you wrong even if it almost kills me. I would also like to thank the person(s) who mock the very idea of blogging in general, I suppose that, in some respects, they have a point. There are a zillion blogs on the Internet, and I am sure that 90% of them are a total waste of space. This one might be as well, but at least it keeps me entertained, and truth be told that is my main objective, to entertain myself.

I have come to understand that no one, or very few read this blog at all, and I am pretty sure that I am the only one who comes to it everyday. I am not churning out great literature, I am incapable of turning out great literature, and if I could churn out great literature I wouldn't just put it on the internet for free. I am attempting to find something, anything, that keeps me from imploding from ennui. I am not sure that it is the cure, but at least it keeps me from doing something rash like take up exercise. I certainly do not want to risk my health by doing something as foolish as say, joining a gym. I will just continue to exercise my mind (ha ha), or more correctly my typing fingers by churning out a daily blog post.

Of course, by now, you should have guessed what all this blathering is about. It is simply to distract attention away from the fact, that for today July 6th, there is no hero of the day.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday!

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I wonder why it doesn't show that you have two comments on the blog post.... since there are two (now three)

Happy Bday!