Tuesday, March 09, 2010

In Like a Lion

There is a saying that March comes in like a lion, and leaves like a lamb. Well, I am not so sure about that. March has been pretty lamb like in the hero department so far, and I am just too tired, or too lazy to go out and find a substitute hero for today. It is a lot of work keeping this horrible idea of mine going day in and day out, and when I troll through the list, and see a hero-less day shaping up, it just plain depresses me. The idea that I have to write something, anything is beginning to wear on me just a bit. After all, I do have a "real" job, and I even have to do it once in a while. I know I am not a Hemingway, or a Kafka waiting to happen, and that the amount of work I put it to this blog is pretty minuscule in the grand scheme of things, but did I mention I am lazy? The fact that I am so incredibly lazy should be taken into account when you read these posts. They might be dry as dust, or written with the grammar of a five year old, but at least they are written. Every damn day, by me, and nobody else but me. Not that I deserve some prize, but just keep in mind I am lazy, and not that bright. These heroes or heroines do not just drop down out of the sky you know. I hope that they have not slipped into mindless drudgery, and that tomorrow as Scarlet O'Hara says "is a better day." Until then we shall have to do as Alexander Dumas tells us "wait and hope." All of this is to say that for today, March 9th, there is no hero of the day.

No comments: