Wednesday, December 02, 2009

A Long December

It would appear that it is going to be a long December (to steal a song title from the Counting Crows). Because it appears that as of today, December is 0 for 2 in the hero sweepstakes. No hero yesterday, but a lovely stand it, and no hero today (sans stand-in). I guess a candidate for hero of the day could be "le soleil d' Austerlitz." The sun breaking out at just the right time in order to allow Napoleon's troops to crush the combined armies of the Third Coalition. However, I am not that into glorifying a lucky weather break that lead to the slaughter, probably needless, of thousands of men, no matter how much I dislike the human race. Perhaps we can celebrate the day, the 336th day of the year, and realize there are only 29 days left in this calendar year. But the day (in my particular part of the planet) is rather grey, rainy, and cold. So it is not a day to inspire legions of people to do the Snoopy dance out of sheer joy. Besides the day got off to a fantastic start because of the fact that I was locked out of my own office for half an hour when I showed up to work. The amount of angst that was experienced as I called about five people to get my ass into my own door was extreme. And then of course today is Wednesday, the day that I do the part of my job that a drunk monkey could do, very intellectually rewarding it is. Finally, to put the cherry on top of this fuck sundae someone just handed me a pile of shit that is mine for tomorrow of which about half I know fuck all about. Good times! So it is with some anger, and much disgust that I have to inform you that for today there is no hero of the day.

No comments: