Thursday, December 10, 2009

Beyond my control

Sorry lads and ladies, but today is just not going to be a heroic type of day. I scour and scour the lists of birthdays, going further and further afield each time this happens, but today we have scored a miss. I am not sure which is harder, the scouring the world over, or the coming up with new and interesting ways to post that there will be no post today. I have put a fair amount of work into this project, and have kept it going for over a hundred days. Which, if you were to ask anyone that knows me, is pretty good for a fat, lazy slob such as myself. One of the (many) flaws of this project is that it relies on my (limited) ability to come up with a hero everyday, and is limited to that person's birthday. I did that in order to make it more difficult, and (I hope) more interesting. However, I do not think that I thought it all the way through as to how bleeding difficult that would make the project. Setting goals high is all well and good, if you are able to come close to obtaining them, but there is something to be said for aiming low and overreaching expectations. My ability to find, and then form something semi-worthy of writing about a person a day when I am so lazy, or tired that I do not look more than one day in advance, was seriously over-estimated by my own fool self. I suppose it was a rush of blood to the head that made me think that I could just search, process, and write all with the greatest of ease. The horrifying fact is that at 111 heroes is I am still over 250 short of the goal. Maybe I should have done a hero of the week or moth instead. Another flaw in the plan is the whole having a day job thing sometimes just gets in the damn way of writing a post. Like this one for instance, I just got carted off by my day job for almost an hour in mid sentence, and now whatever point I was trying to make has flown the coop. Either way, this is just a long way of saying that sorry, dear readers but for today there is no hero of the day.

1 comment:

tideliar said...

The fact that you've made it this far makes you my hero!

*swoon*