Friday, May 14, 2010

BBQ

The porcine fellow above is a pig, and in my fair city this week and weekend is one long party devoted to him and his kind. All parts of the pig is eaten is some form or another, and my town is a big fan of pork and all of its by products. A butcher friend of mine said that the only thing wasted on a pig is the oink, and he was in a position to know. BBQ Fest is one hell of a party, and I managed to live it up for the last two days. I even took part in my little group's annual canasta tournament, and donated the entry fee to a good cause, we are a charitable lot, always trying to improve the lives of those less fortunate. This post is short, and none too sweet because of the exhaustion brought on by all of my celebration of the pig. It also might be short because I might need open heart surgery to repair the damage I am doing to my arteries. However, the show must go on, and a hero had to be found. After looking high and low for a human hero, and being sadly disappointed by the results I have decided to make the little porky above and all his chubby friends my (261st) hero of the day.

No comments: