Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Daylight Fading

Sad to report, dear readers, that today is another non-hero day. But, the show must go on as they say, and we should not let a little thing like not having a hero stop the blog posts from rolling out like new cars off an assembly line. I will try to let it me more than just the keys that I touch, something you can trust, and something that acts as more than a lullaby for the insomniacs of the world. That being said, I had this written out last night, but once again the thief of sleep has robbed me of the general outline that I wrote in my head, before I began to snore away the night. That is part of the point of this post, night. Night that comes all too quickly now that the country in which I reside has "come off" Daylight Savings Time. Of course DST is absolute crackers anyway, some bullshit about conserving energy by being able to keep the lights off until 8 p.m. at night. This in a country where car ownership is essential because our public transport is shit, and there is a certain stigma in riding the bus. As far as I can tell, all DST does is fuck up our body clocks when we "spring forward", and then "fall back", twice a year like some fucking time bandit yo-yo. The first week of either of those swings are bonkers, since we just "fell back" it is entirely too bright in the morning, and dark entirely too early at night. All this foolishness has led to insomnia (re) visiting me, and it is not a welcome guest. If you have the energy, go back and read my posts from about a year or so ago, and see that insomnia and I are old friends. I have this fear that I might be about to embark on another journey of sleeplessness that ends in giddiness again. That particular trip was not a lot of fun, and I do not wish to relive the experience. All this whining is just a way to explain that for today, dear readers, there is no hero of the day.

No comments: